Last Olympics games was held at Beijing in 2008 and decided to handed over the Olympic Flag to the new host country name London. It is the first country who hosts the Olympic Games three times, previously hosted the Olympic games in 1908 and 1948.
A mega game event 2012 Olympic Games, scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012. The main objective of 2012 Olympic Games is to invites the people from all over the world to come and participate in the Olympics, give platform to show talent by involving as many youngsters as possible and increase their interest in sports activities. In Olympic, Games belong to everyone regardless age and sex.
The Olympics 2012 in London represent a huge opportunity of representing their talent belongs to respective country to the world and boost the country’s tourism industry before, during and after the games. Athletes from 204 countries are expected to participate in Olympic games from all over the world. Organizers estimate that 9 million tickets would be available for the Olympic Games. Online ticket for Olympics 2012 is available from 22 March 2010. The most popular sport sessions would definitely be more expensive
To keep the nations focus on the forthcoming London 2012 Olympics, first time special coins 50p coin is designed by general public of London for national or international circulation to celebrate London 2012 as a huge honor. The special London 2012 Olympic 50p coins feature familiar Olympic sports as well as Paralympics sport.
26 sports events are included in Olympic games 2012, includes Aquatics, Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Canoe and Kayak, Cycling, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Judo, Modern Pentathlon, Rowing, Sailing, Shooting, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Triathlon, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Wrestling.
Old, historic and temporary buildings and complexes will use as venues for Olympic games. New venues will contract specially to accommodate the games for this event. 34 venues are planned for the Olympics 2012, includes Aquatics Venue, Basketball Arena, Broxbourne White Water Canoe Centre, Earls Court, Eaton Dorney, Eton Manor, ExCel, Football Stadia UK wide, Greenwich Park, Hadleigh Farm Essex, Handball Arena , Hockey Centre, Horse Guards’ Parade, Hyde Park , Lord’s Cricket Ground, North Greenwich Arena 1, North Greenwich Arena 2, Regent’s Park, The Royal Artillery Barracks, Velo Park, Weymouth Portland, the most expensive stadium Wembley Stadium will be a venue for football in Olympic and new Olympic Stadium for opening and closing ceremonies as well as main events, having capacity of 80,000 people. In fact, the Olympic stadium promises to be one of the major attractions of the London 2012 Olympics. Other Olympic events will be held at outside locations of London such as the new international sports village in Cardiff and Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy in Dorset.
The government of London starts preparations to ensure, 2012 Olympics in London as a remarkable event. The sport mega event is so huge that it would require a lot of planning and dedication for preparations. Intensive Construction and redevelopment take place in many areas of London for playing games, staying and shopping. Organizing committee start purchasing some business properties, which are being demolished to make new venues for Olympic games. Make plans for enhancement of transportation to ensure the viewers to reach the venues in time with comfort, Private transport companies are working to accommodate passengers in their vehicles and special high speed shuttle train services called “the Olympic Javelin” is also used for this purpose. Make arrangements for easy access to different facilities by making new sporting arenas and hotels. Reconstructing and redesigning of hotels. The grounds and stadiums are undergoing maintenance. Check security measures in visitors and play area. Hiring of thousands of peoples for constructing the huge main stadium, malls, hotels and other various recreational centers equipped with the most modern facilities.
London is a wonderful city with plenty of attractions. The rich culture, heritage of London, the breathtaking museum, picture of ancient architecture and plenty of huge shopping malls is eye-catching. So London is a city that has lots of tourist traffic as well as a mega sport is going to held in London so expectations are very high which includes
- Olympics 2012 will be an oasis of money making opportunities.
- Drawing visitors from all over the world
- Every industry is going boost with the arrival of 2012 Olympics
- Bring a lot of development in London.
- The entrepreneurs and business class will earn a lot because having great demand for consumer goods and tourism in general.
- Generating huge employment opportunities in construction and other industry.
- Positive step in promoting game’s culture.
- Earning a lot of revenues
- Arrivals of tourist in London before starting Olympics games to see recreational, historical places in and around.
- Increased in demand of hiring a personal tourist guide as a result tourist guiders earn pounds.
- With thousands of sports enthusiasts expected to visit London to witness the London Olympics so the hotel industry is highly excited.
- The social media includes news channels, news papers, Twitter, Face book and YouTube playing a huge role in the London 2012 Olympic Games. Millions of sports enthusiasts discussing the events, posting comments on the sporting performances of the various sportsmen. Plenty of sports videos and sports photographs are expected to be circulated on all the social media sites.
- In short London Olympics is going to benefit every sector of the industry, tourism, the people of London and the city of London itself.
It is the dream of every sportsman to participate and win an Olympic medal in the Olympics because it is consider as the highest success and great honor for a sportsperson. No number of trophies or shields can match Olympic medal. In Olympic Games, apart from winning the medal for themselves, the sportspersons represent their respective countries and their chests swell with pride when they win a medal for their country.